Reversing Pre-Diabetes

On November 2013 I found out I was pre-diabetic.  It surprised me because for over a year I had been eating mostly low sugar and non-processed food. What was I doing wrong?.   My goal was to reverse the diabetic path I was on and get my blood sugars back to normal range. 


Doing this is not easy. I'm the type of person that needs food to be quick and tasty. I also need a lot of variety to combat veggie boredom!  Another challenge is cooking for a family of four....for others who are not required to eat as strictly as I do. Because of this I have to make meals that easily adapt to my dietary needs.

Below you will find links to tips and recipes that I'm using to achieve this.

Reversing Pre-diabetes Tips:


My Pre-Diabetes Diagnosis

The Blood Sugar Solution

Healthy Eating Tip #1 - Frozen Pucks 

Healthy Eating Tip #2 - Make a date with your veggies


Diabetic-Friendly Product Reviews:


Packaged Snacks (scroll down) 

Chocolate

Coffee Shop Drinks and Kombucha Review

Unsweetened Non-Dairy Beverage Review

more to come....

Diabetic Friendly Recipes:  


What are diabetic friendly recipes?  This could mean different things to different people. I don't like counting calories or carbs, so I construct my meals based on the perfect plate. This consists of:

  • 50-75 percent greens & colorful non-starchy veggies
  • 25% protein
  • an optional small amount (1/3 to 1/2 cup) of complex carbs.

Chana Masala (served with brown basmati rice)

Dairy-Free Creamy Samosa Soup 

Thai Cauliflowerful Soup

Kale Quinoa Salad

Easy Asparagus

Low-Sugar Strawberry Compote

Low-Sugar Stevia Jam

Homemade Stevia Pop

Sugar-Free Natural Beverages

The Fruity Frapputeano 

Strawberry Daiquiri Sorbet


more to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.