Low-sugar Diabetic-Friendly Strawberry Daiquiri Sorbet



diabetic-friendly low-sugar sorbet 

Frozen fruit
Water
Sweetener to taste.

That's it! That's all you need to make this delicious summer treat.

Sorbet is really easy to make!  I like mine with just a few drops of stevia, but you can add any sweetener to taste.   This sorbet is a perfect diabetic-friendly snack, as most diabetics can have at least one berry serving per day (*Please consult your doctor for specific diet advice).


Today I used organic frozen berries, but if possible, freeze your own ripe fruit ahead of time.  The riper the fruit, the sweeter the sorbet will naturally be, and the less sweetener you'll need.

I used my Vitamix to make this sorbet, but you can also use a food processor.  If so, allow your fruit to slightly thaw, for about 5-10 minutes beforehand.

Low-sugar silicone popscicle moldsMy favorite sorbet is a strawberry-lime combo.  It's pretty fool-proof.  If it's too runny, add more frozen berries.  If it's too hard, add more water.  Easy peasy!


Because the recipe makes a little bit more than one serving,  I add what's left to my favorite Silicone Popscicle Molds.  This makes for a yummy treat later on.  My daughter loves to make big batches of mango-pineapple sorbet and is begging me to buy an extra set of popscicle molds.  (Trust me.  Just buy the set of 12!)


Low-sugar Strawberry Daiquiri Sorbet

*adapted from the Vitamix Create recipe book

225 grams (about 2 cups) of frozen strawberries
juice from one lime
1/2 cup of water
2 tsp of sugar and/or 10 drops of stevia

Put all ingredients in your Vitamix.  Use your tamper while mixing on high for about 60 seconds.  During this time, you'll see the color getting lighter and four mounds forming in the corners of the jug.

Done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.