Homemade Pecan Butter

Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter

One of my favourite things to make in my Vitamix is sweet Pecan Butter.  Paired with crunchy apple slices...it makes a perfect late-day snack!

Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter


I got the inspiration from a packet of Artisana Pecan Butter I picked up at my local health food store. This Pecan Butter is soooooo good and such a treat, but at $2.99 for a packet....ouch!  (You can buy Artisana Pecan Butter packets for much cheaper here on iherb)

Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter


These packets are perfect to throw into your bag or work desk.  You can also buy it by the jar.  The good news is that pecan butter is so easy to make.   If you buy your pecans in bulk (like at Costco) you can save A LOT of money.

Homemade Pecan Butter

by Less Sugar Naturally

Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter
Add ingredients to a high-powered blender like a Vitamix:
2 cups of pecans
1 cup cashews
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp of salt
Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter
Using the tamper, blend on high for about two minutes until smooth.  You'll know it's ready when you're nut butter swirls smoothly on number 3 or 4 variable speed.

Tip:  You can also make this in a powerful food processor.  It should take about 10+ minutes.  Just keep scraping down the sides until smooth.
Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter
I store mine in a 500ml mason jar in the fridge...ready to be eaten by the sneaky spoonful :)

To use as a fruit dip, allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Homemade Artisana Pecan Butter
Tip:  An apple and homemade pecan butter is my usual 4pm work snack.  Because I'm fussy about fresh cut apple slices, I love my Bisbell Magmate Blade Guard (available here on Amazon or Amazon Canada) .... perfect to carry my nice sharp apple cutting knife in my lunch bag.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.