Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups



Here's the thing.  I love chocolate.  

In the beginning, I tried making stevia sweetened chocolate and .... um.... everything I made was gross.   It's a good thing I inherited my fathers frugalness.  It pained me to waste all that expensive coconut oil and good cocoa, so I would just keep adding ingredients until my concoctions were edible.  Over time, these delicious chocolate peanut butter cups were born, perfectly balanced with stevia and a touch of organic icing sugar.  I seriously can't think of a more perfect pairing than chocolate and peanut butter. 



Stevia Sweetened Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups 


  • You can use any type of nut butter you like.  I love using almond or macadamia butter paired with almond extract.  YUM!
  • To save time, you can simply fill molds to the top and omit the peanut butter filling.

low-sugar stevia chocolateEquipment:

You'll need 24 Mini Silicone Baking Cups
along with a Mini Muffin Tin

or

2 Silicone Mini Muffin Pans



Ingredients:

5 Medjool dates
1 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of cocoa
1/2 cup of pulverised oats
1-2 tbsp of organic icing/powdered sugar
1/2 cup of macadamia, almond or peanut butter
1/4 cup of coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 tsp of almond or vanilla extract
15 drops of SweetLeaf or NuNaturals stevia
Coarse salt 
1/2 cup peanut butter in a piping (Ziploc) bag.



low-sugar stevia peanut butter chocolate cup recipe
Instructions:

1.   In a pan, melt coconut oil until liquid.

2.  Add pitted dates until softened.

low-sugar stevia peanut butter chocolate cup recipe
3.  In a food processor, pulverize oats until fine.


low-sugar stevia peanut butter chocolate cup recipe
4.  Except for the sea salt and nuts, add remaining ingredients to the food processor.  Mix until smooth.  Stir the nuts in by hand.

5.  Fill molds one third of the way.  Refrigerate for 10 minutes.

6.  Add a little squirt of piped peanut butter in each cup. 

7.   Fill the molds with the remaining chocolate.

8.  Add a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt and refrigerate for one hour.

low-sugar stevia peanut butter chocolate cup recipe
9.  Peel away silicone molds. 








low-sugar stevia peanut butter chocolate cup recipe
10.  Store in a Ziploc and eat right out of the fridge or freezer.  


Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. Where do I buy the silicone molds? Would the paper cups work? Could I use powdered stevia?
    Im going to use the sweetened dates and no added powdered sugar. Also we are allergic to nuts, so using sunflower butter. Thanks for the recipe. Is there any way to add rice milk to it? I like milk chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.