Summer Frappateanos


Homemade stevia frappuccinos

Looking for something cool this summer?  Introducing....the Frapputeano


There are certain things in life that I've just come to associate with summer...the pool, the cottage, and Frappuccinos. 

They were the start of our road trips and a welcomed treat on a sweltering day. I hadn't even thought about Frappuccinos during my sugar-free winter and now here I was daydreaming about its sweet chocolatey chip bottom, all the way up to the soft peaks of its sweet whipped topping. This is the first time I thought being sugar-free sucked! There, I said it!

And that's when Tea became my summer superhero....


The Fruity Frapputeano



Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Start by steeping  5 cups of water with 5 teaspoons of fruit tisane in a pitcher.

I'm using my favourite, Lemon Mango today, but you can use anything you like.

Once your tea is steeped, add stevia to taste.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Filling two ice-cube trays will give you 3-4 servings.  Refrigerate the remaining tea for later.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
You can add some fruit bits like strawberries, mangoes, etc.   They'll blend up nicely and give your drink more flavour and texture.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
In a few hours you'll have some beautiful ice cubes full of sweet fruity flavor.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Throw a few ice cubes in the blender along with a little bit of iced tea, just enough so that it blends smoothly.

Not only is this sugar and calorie-free, but it's full of antioxidants and good for you stuff!








 

 

 The Creamy Frapputeano


Homemade stevia frappuccinos
For this Frapputeano, I'm using my favourite Chai loose leaf tea. 

Again, you can use any creamy type tea.

My "Cappuccino Creme Rooibos" would make an awesome Frapputeano too.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Add your favourite tea (2-3 bags or 5 teaspoons of loose leaf) to 5 cups of milk or unsweetened dairy-free beverage.

On low heat, slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Turn off and let steep for 5-10 minutes.

Strain if necessary and sweeten with stevia to taste.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Fill up your ice-cube trays and freeze.

Refrigerate remaining tea for later.

Homemade stevia frappuccinos
Add frozen ice cubes to your blender along with some of the remaining tea until the consistency is icy smooth.
Homemade stevia frappuccinos
I use a smoothie cup, but if you're making just one serving at a time, you'll probably have to whack your blender container a few times and add liquid as needed.

And that's a Frappateano....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.