Homemade Salad Dressings


Easy Homemade Salad Dressings

Easy Homemade Salad Dressings


Greek Dressing

Garlic Parmesan Dressing

Sweet & Spicy Balsamic Dressing

Ranch Dressing




One of the greek traditions I have adopted from my husband's side of the family was making my own salad dressing. I'm more than okay with this because bottled salad dressings, with its never-ending shelf life and unpronounceable ingredients, has never impressed me.

Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Most homemade dressing start with a good quality olive oil. I have been surrounded by people who take their olive oil very seriously. For instance, while most people on a plane are praying to stay alive, I've spent 8 hours, twice, praying that the containers of olive oil, fresh from the family's olive grove, wouldn't burst inside our suitcases.

These "containers" were 2L pop bottles or this mystery container, with the picture of an iron and a battery, which still scares me to this day. Somehow, they always arrived safely and so far we haven't died.

My husband could eat greek dressing every day of his life. I on the other hand get bored...and that's why I have a few easy backups.


Greek Salad Dressing



Greek dressing is so easy to make. You take equal parts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, rub in a little oregano with your palms, and add some of those feta bits and that's it!  Some people like adding an equal part brine too.

Easy Homemade greek Salad DressingsMix all ingredients in a jar and shake:

1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of balsaamic vinegar
1/4 cup of feta brine (Optional)
1/4 cup of crumbled feta
1 tsp of oregano crushed with palms




Creamy Garlic Parmesan Dressing



For a creamy dressing with a nice garlicky bite, mix the following together. I like to use fresh Parmesan, but that's pretty much a staple in our house.

Easy Homemade creamy Salad Dressings
Mix all the ingredients in a blender:

1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of balsaamic vinegar
1/4 cup of grated parmesan
2 large garlic cloves (or to taste)
salt & pepper to taste





Sweet & Spicy Balsamic Dressing



I use this dressing on my Kale Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad, but it's great on any salad really. My son loves that touch of hot balsamic. Look for hot balsaamic in specialty or gourmet store.

Easy Homemade balsaamic Salad Dressings
Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake::

1/4 cup Olive oil
2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp of hot balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
1-2 cloves of garlic – minced
1 tsp honey
salt & pepper to taste
juice from half a lemon



Ranch Dressing



I love ranch dressing recipe from Smells Like Home.  It's made with really simple ingredients.

Easy Homemade ranch Salad Dressings
This recipe uses buttermilk. If you don't have any it's pretty simple to make. Add one tablespoon of lemon or vinegar to one cup of milk. Stir and let sit for about 5 minutes.

I threw all the ingredients in my blender's smoothie cup and poof! Ranch Dressing!

Less than 10 minutes is all it took to assemble and make this fresh and delicious dressing! You'll never want to buy a bottle of ranch dressing again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.