Chai Apple Pie Oatmeal


healthy apple pie baked oatmeal

Apple Pie for Breakfast ... with 7 grams of fiber!



Come closer...can you smell that? 
Warm cinnamon, chai spices, oats and apple slices, all wrapped up in a neat breakfast package. 
Chai and apples really do make a decadent combination. 

You know what else is great about this oatmeal? I get to use my mandolin to make it. I love my cheap $12 mandolin. I'm not sure if it's because apples taste better when they're cored and sliced, or if it's the thrill of narrowly escaping knuckle death each time I use it. Either way, the thinly sliced apples make me feel like I'm eating pie for breakfast.

healthy apple pie baked oatmeal
Chai Loose Leaf Tea...Mmmm

You can use your favourite Chai tea or for optimum fresh flavor use a good quality loose leaf tea.  Just remember to strain after steeping.

Here's how I make it.

Chai Apple Pie Oatmeal for Two

*Recipe by Less Sugar Naturally*


Ingredients:
1 cup (100g) of quick oats
1 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup of almond milk
2 Chai tea bags
1 tsp of vanilla
12 drops of SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia or NuNaturals Alcohol-Free Liquid Stevia
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp (15g) of chopped walnuts
Optional: 2 tsp of melted butter
1 medium apple (about 125g peeled and cored)


Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In a small pot, add chai tea bags to almond milk. Slowly bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let sit, while you prepare everything else.

3. Butter two ramekin dishes.

healthy apple pie baked oatmeal4. Peel and core apples thinly, preferably using a mandolin. Toss in cinnamon.

5. Remove tea bags from milk. Add 12 drops of liquid stevia and vanilla.

6. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Stir until well combined
(I guess my secret is out...Yes, those are chocolate chips in there, but this recipe certainly doesn't need them.)


healthy apple pie baked oatmeal
7. Fill the ramekins piled all the way up.

8. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes. (Time based on convection toaster oven)

Now here's something fun. Try taking out a ramekin dish from a toaster oven with one oven mitt. It's impossible! I made Sugar-Free Teen try too. She couldn't either!

9. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.




Other baked oatmeal recipes you might be interested in:
Cinnamon Bun Baked Oatmeal
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake Oatmeal



healthy apple pie baked oatmeal


Nutrition Info: (without those sneaky chocolate chips)
7 grams of fiber
Sugar-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.