Peanut Butter and Jam Smoothie

Healthy peanut and jam breakfast smoothie

A Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich ... in a Smoothie


In the winter I love my baked oatmeal. While I still make it every once in a while, smoothies are my go to breakfast during the summer. I love starting the day off with this combination of yogurt, frozen bananas, and fruit.

Smoothies make use of my favourite bargain food. Ripe discounted bananas. I pick up big bags of them, often organic, for a couple of dollars off the discounted produce rack. Peel them, cut them, throw them in a Ziploc, and freeze. These bananas are at their prime and perfect for smoothies and baking.

Healthy peanut and jam breakfast smoothie
In this smoothie, I use my homemade jam but you can use store bought low-sugar jam instead.  Check out my Peanut Butter and Jam reviews for the best choices. You can also use 3 very ripe berries, or frozen berries. If you're not using jam, you can add a few drops of stevia to taste.

Healthy peanut and jam breakfast smoothie

I also add flaxseed to my smoothies.  I grind small batches in my coffee grinder, throw it in a jar and store it in the fridge for up to 30 days.  The flax adds the fiber and protein that I need to get moving in the morning (in more ways than one). Plus it's a great anti-inflammatory!


Peanut Butter and Jam Breakfast Smoothie

*recipe by less sugar naturally*


1 frozen banana
1/3 cup of greek yogurt
2/3 cup of milk or non-dairy beverage
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of homemade strawberry jam or 3 very ripe berries
1 tablespoon of ground flax seed

Instructions:

Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Easy.

Here's some more smoothie recipes:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.