Chai Breakfast Smoothie


Chai Smoothie ... A refreshing start to your day


I love Indian cuisine....sweet fragrant spices that warm up the kitchen, the belly, and the heart.

That's why I was so excited to come across a "Vanilla Chai Breakfast Shake" recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie.  I ran to my kitchen, threw everything in my blender, and devoured it... in 30 seconds! Then I sulked for not having savoured it slowly. So I made another one. :)

The next day I added the spice mix to my regular smoothie recipe....and was in love.  One year later....it's still my favourite smoothie recipe!

I premix my spices in a jar to make about 10 servings. That way all I have to do is add a slightly rounded teaspoon. Easy Peasy!


Chai Smoothie Spice Mix


healthy chai breakfast smoothie*inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's Vanilla Chai Breakfast Shake*

5 tsp of ground cinnamon
5 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of ground cloves
1/2 to 1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg


Chai Breakfast Smoothie


healthy chai breakfast smoothie1/3 cup of greek yogurt.
2/3 cup of your choice of milk or non-dairy beverage.
1 ripe frozen banana
1 Tbsp of any nut butter
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
1 slightly rounded teaspoon of Chai Smoothie Spice Mix (above)
Optional: 5 drops of SweetLeaf or NuNaturals Stevia
ice cubes

Directions: Add all the ingredients in a blender and mix. Serve immediately!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.